Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO Bass Guitar, Alpine White
Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO Bass Guitar, Alpine WhiteDetails
The Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO Bass Guitar is a stylish, elegant instrument with a powerful and expressive sound. Combining the iconic styling and features of the original Thunderbird bass with modern Gibson TB-Plus humbucker pickups, this versatile bass delivers a rich, growling tone perfect for all styles of rock and metal, while the gorgeous Alpine White finish ensures that it looks just as good as it sounds.
Product Ref: 31270View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
First introduced in 1963, the original Thunderbird bass guitar has found popularity with players such as Nikki Sixx, The Who, Kings Of Leon, Cheap Trick, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steely Dan and The Silversun Pickups. Epiphone's Classic-IV PRO keeps the same classic 60s design as the original, but updates it with high quality modern pickups and a new and improved three point adjustable bridge, resulting in a reliable modern instrument with an incredible vintage tone.
The Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO features a 7 piece Mahogany/Walnut neck with a through-body construction, providing the instrument with incredible sustain and articulation. The neck has a full 34" scale length and classic 1960s-style rounded profile, making it easy and comfortable to play while providing an authentic vintage feel. The Rosewood fingerboard is decorated with pearloid dot inlays, and the Mahogany body is finished in stunning Alpine White, making this bass certain to stand out on any stage.
Gibson TB Plus™ Humbuckers
The bass is equipped with two Gibson TB Plus™ humbuckers. Using high quality ceramic magnets, these recreate the classic high gain Thunderbird sound, translating the Mahogany body's natural resonance into a thunderous bass tone with excellent definition. The pickups are equipped with a three-way selector switch, neck and bridge volume controls and a master tone control, allowing you to shape your sound to suit your needs.
Three Point Fully Adjustable Bridge
The instrument also features a three point fully adjustable bridge. This allows you to adjust the string height in all directions (front, back and side-to-side), providing supreme control over the bass's action and intonation, and allowing you to work with a variety of string types and gauges.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Classic style 3-point fully adjustable
- Finish: Alpine White
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany/Walnut
- Neck Profile: 1960s rounded bass profile
- Neck joint: Through-neck
- Truss Rod: Double-Action, 2-Way
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid dot inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12''
- Frets: 20 medium jumbo, Nickel/Silver alloy
- Scale Length: 34''
- Nut Width: 1.50''
Hardware & Electronics
- Neck Pickup: Gibson TB-Plus™ bass humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson TB-Plus™ bass humbucker
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone
- Tuners: Black die-Cast 17:1
- Outputs: 1/4'' Mono, Metal Jack Plate
- Hardware: Black
- Typical Weight: 8.7 lbs (+/- 5 )
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.