Gretsch G6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body Guitar, Orange Stain
Gretsch G6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body Guitar, Orange StainDetails
This beautiful Rockabilly baby is the modern reworking of the classic 6120 Country Gentleman Chet Atkins Hollow body guitar made famous by the father of Nashville himself during the 50s and 60s. The guitar has that recognisable Gretsch twang perfect for rock n roll, country and blues.
Product Ref: 36254View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Chet Atkins Gretsch Guitar
The Maple top, back and sides on this 16" wide and 21.2" deep single cutaway hollow body are absolutely stunning giving a modern style to this classic sounding guitar. The Ebony fingerboard is adorned with neo-classic thumbnail inlays and it comes loaded with high sensitivity Filter Tron pickups and a gold Bigsby B6 tailpiece providing that Gretsch twang loved by country and rockabilly guitarists. Other features include Grover Rotomatic tuners, Adjust-o-Matic bridge and a Rock Maple neck.
Gretsch FilterTron pickups filter out hum, neon noises, crackle and electrical disturbance. They feature dual coils and are designed to filter out electronic hum normally associated with single coil pickups whilst giving a warm tone with bags of output and sustain. The super fat neck pickup on this Gretsch G6120 is ideal for buttery jazz and blues whilst the bridge pickup has enough bite for country licks or rockabilly rhythm.
The guitar's thick hollow body boasts the signature Gretsch dual "f" shaped sound holes and is finished in a stunning orange stain. The body and neck are both bound and all hardware is gold plated. The final cosmetic touch is supplied by the gold plastic floating scratchplate which features artwork and a signature from Chet Atkins himself.
Body and Bridge
- Model Name: G6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body
- Series: Professional Collection
- Colour/Part#: Orange Stain 240-1250-812
- Body Shape: Nashville
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Sides: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane
- F Holes Sound Holes: Bound Oversized F-Holes
- Body Depth: 2.5" (63.5 mm)
- Body Width Lower Bout: 16" (40.64 cm)
- Body Binding: Multiple
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic™
- Bridge Cover: Bigsby® B6G Vibrato Tailpiece w/ Gretsch® Logo
Neck and Fingerboard
- Number of Frets: 22
- Position Inlays: Neo-Classic™ "Thumbnail"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
Pickups and Hardware
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1.(Neck Pickup), Volume 2.(Bridge Pickup), Master Volume.
- Hardware Finish: Gold-Plated
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Rotomatic™ Die-Cast
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Bigsby® Flat Handle
- Auxiliary Switching: 3-Position Master Tone Switch: Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off. Position 2. Switch Out of Circuit, Pickup Wide Open. Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off
- Unique Features: Neo Classic "Thumbnail" Inlay Position Markers, Curly Maple Headstock Overlay, Horseshoe Headstock Inlay, Bound Fingerboard, Multiple Body Bindings, Oversized F-Holes, Gold Plexi Pickguard with "Chet Atkins" Signpost, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod
- Included Accessories: Includes G6241 Deluxe Hardshell Case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.