High-Definition Video Support
The Yamaha RX-S600 will support HDMI 2.0 and 4K Ultra HD 50 Hz/60 Hz signal pass-through to output motion-smooth high definition videos. It also supports RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2 as well as YCbCr 4:2:0 video signal for more vibrant and lifelike images.
This AV receiver's HDMI input/output supports 4K Ultra HD video image pass-through. It can perform 4K Ultra HD upscaling to boost a lower resolution image to super high-def. This ensures compatibility with the latest video formats. The latest version of HDMI supports 4K 50/60p input.
Yamaha's RX-S600 supports AirPlay, which allows you to stream music from a variety of Apple products, such as the iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and also any Mac or PC that features iTunes.
You can also stream songs by using Spotify Connect. The RX-S600 provides perfect, uninterrupted audio thanks to its ability to seamlessly connect to Spotify, for example when you've been listening on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately streams to your AV Receiver. On top of this you can receive phone calls and edit playlists whilst listening to your music. HTC Connect also lets you stream music to your AV receiver wirelessly from an HTC phone.
On the front panel of the RX-S600 is a USB port that allows you to connect Smartphones, iPods and tablets, this also charges your devices. This way of playing music is transmitted directly into the AV Receiver which means there is no signal loss or interference thus providing fantastic, high quality sound. The supplied remote also allows you to operate your devices music playback functions.
The Yamaha RX-S600 features a high resoloution display with clear and simple menus that include a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The Graphic Interface provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese, and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV Receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can re-set the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
Original DSP Technology
This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that use DSP technology. Use the AV Controller app to adjust DSP parameters to your preference to match the type of music/movie/mood.
Virtual CINEMA DSP
Virtual CINEMA DSP uses 2 front speakers to produce virtual 5-channel surround sound that is filled with realism. The Virtual CINEMA FRONT feature lets you place two surround speakers and a centre speaker at the front to enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with even higher quality and resolution, as well as superior rear virtual sound localisation. Adding two additional front presence speakers provides a three-dimensional sound field that gives you a feeling of its height and depth and of the vertical movement of the sound. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This allows for a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. Subwoofer Trim separates the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilising the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
AV Controller App
The RX-S600 allows use of the Yamaha AV Controller app and enables you to control power and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone or Android devices. Use in 23 different languages and customise the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 95 W (6ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 60 W (6ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 125W (6ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 90 / 110 / 140 / 160 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-250 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through: Yes
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 5 / 1
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- MHL Support: Yes
- USB Input: iPod / iPhone / iPad, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port: Yes
- AirPlay: Yes
- Front AV Input: USB / Mini Jack / Composite
- DC Out: Yes
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 2 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 4 (front 1) / 1
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 4 (front 1) / 1
- Preout: SW
- Headphone Output: 1
- On-screen display: Yes
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Preset)
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ?0.1W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 4-3/8" x 12-5/8"
- Weight: 7.8 Kg