View Full Description
More than Just a Powered Speaker Cabinet
The TH-15A has two built-in power amps, 300-Watts for the 15" woofer and 100-Watts for the high-frequency compression driver. Mackie's Class-D Fast Recovery low-frequency amp drives the woofer more efficiently with less heat byproduct than other speakers. Mackie Active technology divides the frequencies via a precision 2-way crossover and also time aligns the signals so low-frequency and high-frequency signals arrive in sync to every member of your audience. Active compression provides a first line of defense for the drivers and thermal circuitry protects the amplifiers and power supply should things get too hot. All the onboard electronic systems work together dynamically to produce superior quality sound.
Portability Meets Versatility
Not only is the TH-15A a superb PA enclosure, it also makes a superior monitor wedge. The compact, lightweight design means zero strain, whether mounting it on a high pole or loading up the van. The TH-15A's wide frequency response makes it ideal as a keyboard, vocal or even bass guitar monitor. The Thump has incredibly smooth response and dispersion over a wide range of frequencies, so you can crank it without the fear of ear-splitting feedback.
Exceptional Sonic Performance
TH-15A powered loudspeakers put out a tremendous amount of sound for their size. The two-way ported design generates ample quantities of chest-pounding bass and its 1" compression driver ensures smooth, wide dispersion. Mackie inserted a 3-band equalizer at the input to give you all the tonal control you could ever want, with an available 15dB boost or cut at 80Hz (low shelf), 100Hz to 8kHz (sweepable mids) and 12kHz (high shelf). With the TH-15A's extremely versatile EQ, you can add some extra thump to that kick drum, bring out the sizzle in your hi-hats, add pop to vocals or correct acoustic anomalies in the room.
Protecting Your Investment
Mackie added some extra circuitry to keep your TH-15As performing at their best, even when pushed really hard for long periods of time. Each driver has its own transparent compression circuit, which helps protect them from damaging transient peaks. An over-excursion filter, inserted just before the low frequency amplifier, protects the woofer from bottoming-out when the low-end is driven to the maximum. This means you can hit them hard without fear of thermal damage. We know things can get pretty hot in the real world, so if the electronics do overheat, separate thermal switches activate and shut down the high and/or low frequency amplifiers until they cool down. These extra protections ensure long life and great-sounding loudspeakers you can always count on.
Features and Specifications
Mackie Thump TH-15
- Power: 400W of ultra-efficient Fast Recovery amplification
- LF: 300W peak power (Class-D)
- HF: 100W peak power (Class A/B)
- Woofer: 15" high-precision woofer
- Driver: 1" compression driver
- Crossover: Precision 2-way crossover
- Transducer: Transducer time-alignment
- EQ: User-adjustable 3-band contour EQ with sweepable mid-frequency
- Input: Mic/Line input for direct connection of single microphone
- Casing: Tough, impact-resistant polypropylene enclosure
- Applications: Pole-mountable and floor wedge-able
- Weight: Extremely lightweight and portable (36 lbs)
- Mic Inputs: 2 x XLR
- Jack Line Inputs: 2 x 1/4"
- EQ: 2 band EQ, ±15dB EQ at 80Hz & 12KHz
- Headphones: Out level control
- RCA: Input/output
- Send: Auxiliary
- LED: 4-band level indicator
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.08
- Mic Input Gain Range: -20dB to +45dB
- Line Input Gain Range: -20dB to +25dB
- Equalization Range: HI: ±15dB@12kHz, LOW: ±15dB@80Hz
- Max Output: +21dB ±2dB
- Input Impedance: Mic: 2.3kΩ balanced, Line: 20kΩ balanced, CD/RCA: 24kΩ unbalanced
- Phantom Power: +48VDC (V)
- Power Supply: DC12V
- Dimensions: W 220mm x D 140mm x H 68mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.