Rode NTG-2 Dual Powered Shotgun Condenser Microphone
Rode NTG-2 Dual Powered Shotgun Condenser MicrophoneDetails
The new Rode NTG-2 is a lightweight, dual-powered directional condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries.
Product Ref: 10986View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Rode NTG-2 provides a balanced low impedance output stage and operates either from an internal 1.5 V battery or with a 48 V power supply. A wide bandwidth and controlled polar response coupled with low noise SMT electronics makes the NTG-2 the perfect choice for film, video engineering and voice-over work. The NTG-2 is extremely lightweight making it ideal for mounting directly to video cameras or on boom poles.
In addition to the NTG-2's 20Hz-20kHz response, a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded. Rode have included the WSVM windshield to minimise light wind noise and vocal plosives 'pop' sounds during recording.
"I really wanted to criticise this mic, to try to find fault. I couldn't, which is really frustrating when you consider that it costs a fifth of what my regular boom mic costs." - Digital Media World
"You get a lot of mic for your money here... the Rode NTG-1 and 2 are very respectable microphones and sound incredibly quiet and professional given the reasonable prices." - Audio Media
Features and Specifications
For further information about the Rode NTG-2, please download the product manual PDF beneath the short description
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Condenser transducer
- P48 phantom power or 1.5V AA battery
- Two step High-Pass Filter - Flat or 80Hz
- Rugged metal construction
- Low weight - 161g (5.17 oz.)
- Low handling noise
- Power: P48 (48V) phantom supply or 1.5V AA battery
- Acoustic Principle: Line gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz, selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB/octave
- Output impedance: 250 ohm (phantom), 350 ohm (battery)
- Output: XLR
- Signal noise ratio: 76 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 18 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 131dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1K ohm load)
- Maximum output voltage: -15.4dBu (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1K ohm load)
- Sensitivity: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: P48 power supply or AA battery
- Weight: 161 g
- Includes: Stand mount, zip pouch and windshield
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.