View Full Description
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 includes precise event-based editing, integrated disc-at-once CD burning, musical instrument file processing, and pristine audio conversion and time stretching. The Mastering Effects Bundle 2, powered by iZotope and over 20 DirectX audio effects allow for removing noise and restoring audio. Stereo and multi-channel file editing and processing is available, along with multi-channel capable spectrum analysis.
User can accurately monitor audio levels using VU meters for RMS playback and recording, and use the record timer and threshold-based recording for various tasks. Support for exporting multiple forms of professional standard video file formats makes Sound Forge Pro 10 software the tool of choice for multimedia professionals. Additionally, the software provides rock solid stability and a clear workflow, along with high-resolution 24-bit/192kHz audio support and a fully customizable user interface.
New Features in Sony Sound Forge Pro 10:
Floating Window Docks: Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes enhancements for customizing the layout and positioning of the traditional Sound Forge workspace. Dock and group windows within the Sound Forge interface, customizing the environment to fit the way you work.
Customizable Window Layouts: Design Sound Forge Pro 10 editing environments to maximize your productivity. Create and save multiple interface layout configurations for single- and dual-monitor systems. Easily recall a window layout for specific editing tasks including audio editing, CD layout, multichannel file editing, and more.
Default Fade Types: Set the default wet/dry mix and fade in/out curves that will be used when editing audio files, providing a more efficient workflow during an editing session.
Tabbed Browsing: With Sound Forge Pro 10 software, you can group maximized data windows together and easily browse them via tabs, increasing speed and efficiency when editing multiple audio files.
Custom Selection Grid Lines: Creating loops from existing material is now easier than ever. Use grid lines to visually divide audio selections into equal parts based on time signature for more efficient and accurate edit.
Interactive Tutorials: Spend less time learning and more time editing and mastering using the new integrated tutorials in Sound Forge Pro 10 software. These tutorials provide walkthrough demonstrations of common features and functionality, including DAO CD burning, vinyl recording and restoration for easy analog to digital conversion, and more.
- Gracenote CD Album Identification: Sound Forge Pro 10 software supports the Gracenote MusicID Media Recognition Service. When extracting audio from a CD, you can view information including track title, artist, and also submit song information.
- Regions List and Playlist Windows: The Regions List and Playlist windows have features for fast in-place editing and sorting. Quickly edit regions by typing new values in the Name, Start, End, or Length fields.
- Media Explorer with Automatic Previewing: Quickly and easily find, preview, and open media files using the Media Explorer window. Drag files and regions from the Explorer into the workspace or onto another open file for easy pasting, mixing, or crossfading. Explore audio files on a CD-ROM and extract automatically by dragging from the Explorer into the Sound Forge workspace.
- ACID Loop Creation Tools: Create your own music loops for use in ACID software. Display and edit ACID .wav file properties including tempo and root note, finely edit audio clips and shift selections to get the sound you want. When you create a loop, the information you set is embedded in the file, so your loops will change tempo and pitch-shift along with your ACID project.
- Audio-for-Video: Software supports multiple video formats including AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Precisely synchronize audio and video frame by frame. Includes MPEG-2 templates for writing HDV-compliant files at both 720p and 1080i resolutions, and AVI templates using the CineForm CFHD codec for 720p and 1080i intermediate renders. Also included are templates for encoding WMV 720p and 1080p.
- Dolby Digital AC-3 Export: Use the software to export multi-channel files in surround AC-3 format using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 plug-in.
Tools & Effects:
- Noise Reduction Audio Restoration Plug-Ins: Easily restore audio from LPs, cassettes, CDs, and more. The Noise Reduction 2 collection of plug-ins contains Noise Reduction, Audio Restoration, Click and Crackle Removal, and Clipped Peak Restoration. Use these to fix common audio problems such as tape hiss, clicks, and pops, salvage damaged recordings, and give new life to your audio.
- Channel and Hardware Level Meters: The Hardware Meters window and gain fader allow you to adjust and monitor the output level of your audio file. You can adjust preview levels during playback.
- Channel Converter for Multi-Channel Files: Channel Converter tool supports multi-channel formats for easy down mixing of multi-channel files to stereo or mono.
- Wet/Dry Mix and Crossfade Options for Effects: The effects and process dialogs allow you to work on the media file and tweak parameters including wet/dry levels. Quickly switch between processing dialogs and data windows while working to adjust selection, fade-in and out, and gain levels.
- Phase Scope and Mono-Compatibility Metering: The Phase Scope metering helps you monitor the content of an audio signal to find phase cancellation among the channels in an audio file. The Phase Scope tool gives you a quick and easy visual measurement of the audio content. Meter types include Lissajous - XY Plot, Lissajous - Rotated, Polar - Linear Plot, and Polar - Circular Plot. The new mono compatibility meter helps detect correlations or differences between the channels of a file that can cause phase cancellation when down mixing to mono.
- Multi-channel Capable Spectrum Analysis: View frequencies and overtones of different channels within an audio file. The Spectrum Analysis tool shows multiple graphs depending on how many channels are selected. Analyze and see the fundamental frequencies and overtones in your recordings. Monitor audio and effects changes, take multiple snapshots, and overlay views to compare and match frequencies of one file to another. Toolbar buttons include choices for FFT size and normal or sonogram view.
- VST Effect Support: Native support of VST plug-ins, including parameter automation, expands on the number of effects you can apply to your audio, ultimately increasing your mastering flexibility.
- Application Scripting: Use scripting to automate common tasks and create customized features. New application scripting tools include the script editor window and toolbar. Additionally, the software includes scripts of commonly used tasks. Scripting languages supported are C#, JScript, and VBScript.
- Batch Conversion: You can apply the same effects and processes to multiple files, saving hours of editing time. Convert digital audio files into different formats including MP3, WMA, AIF, and RM - eliminating repetitive tasks. Convert as many files as you like in one sweep. Simply add a group of files to the Batch Conversion interface, select an effect or process, and run the script. You can also save and recall your most frequently used batch scripts.
- Over 40 Built-In Effects and Processes: Apply over 40 professional studio effects and processes that include 200 presets. Automatable effects include Volume, Delay, Chorus, and more.
- Clipped Peak Detection and Marking: Software automatically scans sections of your file and marks sample peaks that are clipping. These indicators also show up in the Regions List for immediate identification. Audio Restoration tools eliminate clicks, pops, and other noise from your mix.
- White, pink, and brown noise generators: Invaluable for audio testing, room acoustic analysis, and measurements. These generators are also useful for creating sound effects such as water, wind, helicopters, and more.
- Acoustic Mirror Software Plug-In: Apply different environments to your audio including bridges, churches, concert halls, modern and classic microphones, and more.
Recording & Playback:
- Multi-Channel Audio Recording
- 24-bit, 32-bit/64-bit Float/192kHz Support
- Automated Time-Based Recording
- ASIO Driver Support
- VU Meters
Editing & Workflow:
- Graphical Fade Curves
- Multi-task Background Rendering
- Drag-and-Drop Editing Between Channels
- Waveform Volume and Pan Envelopes
- Multi-Channel File Editing and Processing
- Customizable Keyboard Mapping
- Real-Time Editing and Processing
- 1GHz processor
- Windows XP (SP2 or later) or Vista (SP2 or later)
- 512MB RAM
- 350MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.