View Full Description
Unmatched dynamic expression
This kit includes the Roland V-Drums TD-50 Module - a powerhouse for pro drummers. The new Prismatic Sound Modelling technology conveys every stroke of your performance in thrilling detail. With deep editing capabilities you can fine-tune all the details to produce the sound you desire. Combined with Roland's new trigger pads with advanced sensor technology, you're guaranteed the most authentic, expressive drum sounds you'll hear from any electronic kit.
Advanced sensor technology
The Roland TD-50K series drum kits utilise a special electrostatic capacitance touch system on the both the PDS-140DS snare drum and CY-18DR ride cymbal. The system allows you to use the same playing techniques that you would use on an acoustic kit, on electronic drums. Playing rim shots is now as simple as placing your hand on the head.
The sensors can even detect how your stick hits the rim and will adjust your sound accordingly for the most authentic response you could imagine from an electric kit. Cymbal muting can now be activated with as little as a finger touch, thanks to the dedicated mute sensor around the bow area of the ride. And, with high-resolution sensors, you can expect every nuance of your playing to be met with the right sound, in every position, from edge to bell.
Deep sound customisation
The TD-50KV includes a range of expressive onboard kits to suit every session. But often you need more options to tweak the sound so it's just right for your purpose. That's why the TD50 module features deep sound customisation. With this, you can adjust the shell thickness and overtones. Each cymbal’s size and thickness. Mic placement and room ambience.
Then, with a host of onboard multi-effects, you can fine tune the sound even further. There's an EQ, compressor, and 30 effect types such as delay, flanger, and saturator. Whether you are in the studio or on stage, the TD-50KV has the sound editing features to make your drums sound exactly how you want in any situation.
No limits to your vision
As well as having 100 high-quality preset kits covering all styles of music, you can layer up to three of your own samples to each zone. Blend them to the level you want to create your own perfect sound. Then, using the deep sound customisation you can create next-level sonic perfection. With nothing beyond the realm of imagination, there are infinite possibilities with the TD50KV.
Roland TD-50 series artist-tuned kits
Roland are currently offering a free download of their TD-50 Series Artist-Tuned kits which are compatible with any TD-50 drum module. The latest artist series kits are designed for those looking for out-of-the-box performance and quality, with powerful sounds that have been pre-tuned by professionals. For more information and to claim your free download of Roland's TD-50 Series Artist-Tuned Kits, please click here.
- Prismatic Sound Modelling technology provides realism like never before
- New high-resolution sensors allow expressive techniques to be heard in full nuance
- Load your own samples, with up to three layers per zone and blending options
- Adjust shell thickness, overtones, mic placement, and ambience for the ultimate in sound control
- EQ, compressor, and 30 onboard effects let you customise your sound even further
- USB 10-channel audio out for multi-track recording through a single USB cable
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA
- Kit configuration:
- Drum sound module: TD-50 x 1
- V-Pad DIGITAL Snare: PD-140DS x 1
- V-Pad (Tom 1): PD-108-BC x 1
- V-Pad (Tom 3, Tom 4): PD-128-BC x 2
- V-Hi-Hat: VH-13 x 1
- V-Cymbal Crash: CY-14C x 1
- V-Cymbal Ride (Crash): CY-15R x 1
- V-Cymbal DIGITAL Ride: CY-18DR x 1
- V-Kick: KD-140-BC
- Optional Kick Drum Converter: KD-A22 x 1 (recommended, sold separately, 22-inch kick drum shell is not included)
- Drum Stand: MDS-50KV x 1
- Extra trigger input jack: 5 (TOM 2, AUX 1--AUX 4)
Please note: 22-inch kick drum shell for optional KD-A22, kick pedal, snare stand, hi-hat stand, and drum throne are not included.
- Setup guide
- Drum stick holder