Z.Vex Vexter Instant LO-FI Junky Guitar Pedal
Z.Vex Vexter Instant LO-FI Junky Guitar PedalDetails
The Z.Vex Instant LO-FI Junky does pretty much what it says on the box. It takes your guitar signal and generates a hissy, smashed up sound and with unique pitch variations from the vibrato effect.
The Z.Vex Vexter Instant Lo-Fi Junky has a difficult sound to easily pin down, however, the sound it produces is oddly hypnotic. This pedal basically gives you the sound of Z.Vex LO-FI Loop Junky, but without the looping facility, in real time. Z.Vex added some additional extra cool features as well. The Comp/Lo-Fi control allows a blend between bright and clear compression with amazing dynamics and the crunchy lo-fi, warbling signal. In between these two extremes, you'll get luscious chorusing effects which you can blend to your personal taste.
Product Ref: 24320View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Welcome to the world of the ZVEX VEXTER Instant Lo-Fi Junky. Its purpose is to reproduce sound in real time. Joel Korte, the extraordinary engineer behind this new device, was able to create a mixture of THAT chip compression, belling bucket brigades, and ultra-low-current National Semiconductor op-amp filters to exquisitely copy the texture and feel of the original Lo-Fi into this new and extraordinary box, adding some new sounds that have never been heard before.
To get the basic real-time Lo-Fi sound, turn the middle knob all the way to the right and set the waveform switch to triangle. By adjusting the speed and depth it's pretty easy to achieve a very similar texture to the original Lo-Fi Loop Junky, lower the tone knob if you wish to darken the tone.
Turning down the middle knob all the way toward the "comp" side allows you to enjoy a remarkably bright and clear compression. As you turn the middle knob back toward the Lo-Fi side, you hear the chorus blend start to happen. The glossy clear compressed signal will mix with the smashed, lo-fidelity warbled signal and become a luscious emulsification that can be blended to the most perfect depth. Unlike other choruses where the only depth control you have is the depth of the sweep oscillator, this unit lets you set exactly how much of the two signals are present in the mix... more clear compression.
If you're wanting the sound to be clean with a hint of chorus, blended 1-to-1 for pure chorusing sound, or mostly vibrato with a hint of chorus by turning the knob mostly to the right. The chorus sound sounds most traditional with either the sine or triangle setting. They are subtly but noticeably different.
Switching the waveform to square and setting the middle knob mostly to the compression side (to the left). You can blend in just enough of the square-wave modulated Lo-Fi sound to make it really eerie. For the spookiest sound, set the speed control to the tempo of your performance and the depth all the way up, adjusting the mix for just enough modulation.
- Amazing lo-fi effect with vibrato
- Takes your sound from sparkly and clear to mashed up lo-fi
- Can generate chorus effects as well
- Battery or PSU (not included)
- Volume, Tone, Comp Lo-Fi Depth and Speed Knobs
- Powered by 9V Battery or 9VDC Power Supply (Not Included)
- Volume: Overall output volume for the unit
- Tone: Can be used to lower the brightness of the Lo-Fi signal (the vibrato sound). Does not affect the compressed signal
- Comp/Lo-Fi: Adjusts anywhere between full compression and full vibrato mix. Blending the two (somewhere between the extremes) creates a chorusing sound
- Speed: Adjusts the speed of the Vibrato (only affects the Lo-Fi sound)
- Depth: Sets the depth of the Vibrato (only affects the Lo-Fi sound)
- Waveform: Sets the waveform of the Vibrato's modulation. The traditional Lo-Fi Loop Junky simulation setting is triangle
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.