Student 1/16 Violin by Gear4music
Student 1/16 Violin by Gear4musicDetails
Suitable for younger kids, this 1/16 size instrument is one of the best beginners violins for sale today. These violins boast high quality wood and components as well as great craftsmanship but at a really cheap price. The Student 1/16 Violin is supplied as a complete package, including a bow, rosin and a lightweight hard case.
Product Ref: 30579View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Reliable Student Instrument
The Gear4music 1/16 Student Violin has a hand finished body shaped for comfort and crafted from Canadian Spruce and Maple. These tonewoods are chosen because of their lightweight, strong and flexible nature. The violin's top features inlaid purfling to protect against cracks forming at the edge of the instrument and to allow the top to flex more freely. The body is finished with an attractive orange-brown, hand lacquered varnish for a classic appearance.
This easy-playing instrument produces a warm and smooth tone throughout the registers making it ideal for students just starting out. The violin is fitted with Jujube tuning pegs, chinrest and endpin. A traditional fitted Maple bridge, Jujube ebonized fingerboard and Maple neck allow easy and quick shifting between positions.
Easy and Accurate Tuning
The steel core strings are ideal for beginners due to their quick response, stable pitch and long life. The strings' coloured silk wrappings help students with identification and provide friction against the pegs. The strong, metal tailpiece is fitted with four integral tuners to aid students in achieving accurate tuning quickly and easily.
Includes Bow and Case
This Student Violin comes complete with a Brazilwood bow, hard case and rosin so the learner has everything they need to get started straight away. The included bow is reliable and easy to use. It's crafted from Brazilwood - a favourite for bow construction because of its density and durability. The synthetic horsehair on the bow is ideal for many beginners as it can withstand the stresses of a student developing proper technique. The bow is finished with an Ebony adjuster, Nickel silver lapping and a frog with ABS slide and tip.
The included case is ideal for transporting the instrument to lessons and performances. This durable but lightweight case is a perfect fit for the violin providing protection when out and about and safe storage. It's finished with a tough canvas covering with zip opening and straps plus a pocket for keeping sheet music and other accessories safe.
Features & Specifications
- Body: Hand finished solid wood
- Belly: Pressed solid Canadian Spruce with inlaid purfling
- Back: Pressed solid Canadian Maple
- Finish: Transparent orange-brown triple hand-lacquered and polished varnish
- Bridge: Fitted Maple
- Neck: Maple with jujube ebonized fingerboard
- Tuning Pegs: Jujube fitted
- Chinrest: Jujube Guaneri pattern
- Endpin: Jujube
- Tailpiece: Metal with four integral fine tuners
- Type: Round stick Brazilwood with synthetic horsehair
- Adjuster: Ebony with two nickel bands
- Lapping: Nickel silver with thumbpiece
- Tip: ABS
- Rosin: Included
- Case: Canvas covered featherweight hard case with zips, straps and zippable sheet music pocket
Please note - Gear4music orchestral stringed instruments are packed for transport and therefore require a small amount of setting up. For more information, please click here.
Gear4music - a revolution in competitively priced, high-quality musical instruments and equipment.
Gear4music have teamed up with some of the best manufacturers from around the world to develop our own line of music equipment. Our goal is to provide our customers with a wide choice of high quality, sensibly priced musical instruments.
Using our many years of collective experience we have developed a wide range of instruments and equipment including drum kits, acoustic and electric guitars, woodwind, brass, string instruments and speaker systems. We are proud to offer these to our customers alongside hundreds of other well-known brands. Working closely with our carefully chosen manufacturers, we endeavour to produce reliable, great sounding instruments at a price that is accessible to all. Our musical equipment is made to the same exacting standards that you expect from other highly regarded brands - this is backed up by our standard 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Gear4music products are produced ethically and responsibly to meet the expectations of a caring world.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.